Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My New System

I can do more things and faster with my new system it is i7
Acer Aspire Desktop Computer featuring Intel Core i7-2600 Processor (AM3970-EB12P)
I know ACER is not that good but it is on sale for $649.00. At work I am using the same system i7 with 32 GB of RAM and I fall in love with the machine this is the reason I bought this machine. At work the linux kernel compile time for the target is reducing from 2 hours to 30 minutes. This system is only 8 GB of RAM can be upgraded to 16 GB. I will even do it later ideally 16 GB is the best but wait to make some money first. I can run 2 VMware and VirtualBox and Photoshop...it is great machine except it is ACER hope that it will last for 2 years, my last ACER monitor was only last for 2 years and died.
  

It came with 1.5 T so I am using 600 for C drive using win 7 with VMware. I was using VirtualBox and start using VMware for the new project which I find VMware is better performance than Virtualbox but Virtualbox offers many tools to convert or clone hard drive. The new system I am using VMware and my old system is using Virtualbox. No need for dualboot machine everything runs from Win 7 as Host since win 7 is much stable now. All linux systems run as Guest. It makes like more easy now with the fast system I just bought. For some reasons I have a Quad AMD 2.4 GHz it runs slow like hell compare to this system i7 this is other reason I bought this system. I built my old system last year for about $350, it is no good to build it is much better to buy the system when it is on sale. To build the system sometimes end up costs more than buy the system when it is on sale.
The new system goes well with 24" inches SamSung S24B350H Monitor for $199, 1/2 of the screen is using for windows and 1/2 of screen is using for linux. With the set of wireless keyboard and mouse from Logitech I am using EX100 wireless keyboard + mouse.  The ACER's keyboard comes with the system is sucked it is small like laptop keyboard, cannot use for the real work. From the net people tells the same thing. This machine also has a lot of USB ports from and back and Multi-in-1 Card Reader which makes so easy to take pictures and upload into the blog.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-desktop-computer-featuring-intel-core-i7-2600-processor-am3970-eb12p-am3970-eb12p/10190543.aspx?path=153d5544e3b964502ef2ad79b07960dden02

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS24B350HS/XS

No comments: